Equality and Diversity Policy
Our policy is designed to ensure and promote equality and inclusion, supporting the ethos and requirements pf the Equality Act 2010 for all visitors of our practice.
We are committed to….
- Ensuring all visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- Promoting equality of opportunity between men and women
- Not tolerating any discrimination or perceived discrimination against, or harassment of, any visitor for reason of age, sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
- Proving the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the practice)to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, religion or belief.The policy applies to the general public, including all patients and their families and visitors and contractors.
If you feel discriminated against….
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Practice Manager
- The Practice Manager will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 5 working days
- The Practice Manager will establish the facts, and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 10 working days.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome you should raise a formal complaint through the Practices Complaints and Procedures.
Discrimination against Practice Staff
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor who expresses any form of discrimination against or harassment of any member of staff will be required to leave the practices premises forthwith. If the visitor is a patient, he/she may be removed from the Practices list.
Date Published: Jan 2020
Review Status: Jan 2021